Sunday 31 October 2010

Back Again!

So, I've had a lovely week at home, seeing everyone and being generally very busy! And now, I'm back in La Chatre, and Caroline's here with me! It's been really good being able to show her where I've been spending the last month, and being able to spend time with her is just awesome.

Rachel is counting down the days until I come home for Christmas; 47 sleeps tonight! It really doesn't seem such a long time when you put it like that! I just sent off a report to Queen's about how my first month is going; it's funny to think that, when they were telling us about writing these reports, I was sitting in Peter Froggett Centre thinking, "that seems so far away, I can't imagine spending a whole month in a foreign country all by myself!" And now, here I am, a whole month behind me! It seems so surreal.

Caroline and I managed to miss the circus AND the cinema today, because I thought (mistakenly) that the clocks went back last night. So we arrived at the circus in the Place du Champ de Foire, ready to see some awesome show, and we'd missed it! So we spent 2 Euro and 15 minutes looking at some animals (and were able to stroke a zebra, which was, admittedly, pretty cool), then headed to the cinema in the hope that something would be on later tonight, only to find that we'd missed the start of Despicable Me! So we're back in the flat, watching Glee and getting fat munching tons of snacks and drinking gallons of tea. Awesome.

Tomorrow, we're planning on hiring a car and going traveling. I'm just hoping the bus to Chateauroux is running, as it's All Saint's Day and the transport system might be up the left. So we'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment