Monday 11 October 2010

Acceptance!

Well, a full fortnight and a day has passed, and I've had SO MANY experiences already I can hardly believe it! Saturday night was awesome; I went to a tiny bar run by a Mancunian couple with Sophie and her American friend Jon, and we had an amazing time, not to mention many free drinks! I also experienced my first crepe in France, got a demonstration of how to play a hurdy-gurdy, and chatted with some Spaniards. What larks!

I've been so welcomed by everyone, which is awesome, and the fact that my first official day as an assistant has begun with countless people saying "You look amazing today!" has just made me grin like a Cheshire cat! My first class (of ten 17 year old boys) went really well; they seemed to love doing a wordsearch, and I received a chorus of "see you sooooooon!" as they left the class. Which was nice.

I was informed that there is a strike tomorrow, and that I don't have to get up for class at 8:30am. Which I have to say, I'm pretty happy about! So more free time to go exploring is at hand. Though I'll probably end up staying in and reading one of the many awesome books I brought with me. Again. It seems the bookworm in me is incapable of being eclipsed by the brave adventurer. Alas, Indiana Jones I'm not.

It seems that my family and I are doomed to never have a decent Skype conversation. I got my new awesome webcam this morning, only for it to transpire that Mea has gnawed through the phone line at home, thus severing broadband and shattering my dream of my family being able to see me properly!! Oh well, good things come to those who wait. And to those who don't have destructive terrier terrors.

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment