Thursday 4 November 2010

Feeling Blue

*sigh* So, Caroline left this morning to go home, and I couldn't help but wish that I was going with her. I had such a nice week with her; it was awesome to just be sisters together, not doing anything, but just being. We haven't spent so much time together in I don't know how long, and I'm really grateful for the past week. But now I'm going to have to get used to being on my own again. At this point, I'm missing everyone lots, and just hope that the next six weeks go as fast as the past five, so that I see my family and friends again really soon.

I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself, I suppose. I've had two weeks of constant company, and it's really strange to be just me again. I've ordered lots of DVDs off Amazon to console myself, and I've got some new books to read as well. Right now, I'm just concerned about making myself feel better, read and watch things in English, and never mind how my French is coming on... I guess the "Year Abroad Mood Cycle" that Queen's told us about is kicking in - "The normal pattern of the year abroad is that after the initial excitement of being in France, there is a period of adjusting to new surroundings that can lead to a low around the end of October or the beginning of November." I guess I just have to go with the flow, get on with it and look forward to Christmas.

It helps that the English teachers were really nice today; they understand what I'm feeling, especially because they know how close I am to Caroline. Olivier and Sandrine both asked if I was alright, if Caroline got away okay this morning, and gave me a bit of sympathy, and Olivier has invited me out for some target practice next week, which is nice; maybe shooting things will be theraputic!

I'll be more cheerful next time I post; I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment