Friday 8 April 2011

Twenty Seven Weeks Down, One to Go!

Can you believe it?? I can't! This time next week, I'll be home in wee Norn Iron. And I cannot WAIT to be back. But still, I'll miss everything that goes on here; the market on Saturdays, the cafes, the comings and goings of the school and students and staff. The teachers have been so kind and lovely, which has really made these seven months easier, and the students have been great (with the obvious exceptions!).

 When I looked back over all my blog entries and saw this one, I was blown away by how fast time has flown. I have spent seven whole months in a foreign country, on my own with exception of that one brilliant week that Caroline came to visit, and I've come through okay! Before I came, I couldn't see past this year; I couldn't imagine doing it and coping and coming out the other side feeling both relieved and grateful. Relieved that it's almost over, that I've succeeded, that I don't have to worry about it any more. Grateful for the experience, for the people I've met and the things I've done, and mostly, for the knowledge that teaching is something I can do, something I'm good at, and something I want to keep doing after I graduate. I never thought I'd say it, but my time in France has been some of the most valuable in my life. It's given me direction, a goal, and the drive to go for for it, and not give up until I get it. After all, if I can do what I've already done this year - moving to another country, on my own, living independently and succeeding in another culture, using a different language and having different customs - then I can do anything.

Twenty seven weeks down, one to go. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment