1. Student : What's BEYATCH?!
Me: ...It's beach.
Other students: Haha, tu veux aller à la sallope!
2. Student: (spelling): g..h...t...
Other student : T'as acheté quoi?
3. Me: Okay, give me some words associated with Valentine's Day.
Student : SEX!
4. Student : What's the English for musclé?
Me : Muscular
Other student : Yes? Did you call me?
5. Student : My ass!
Me: I don't like bad words in my class.
Student : My buttocks?
6. Me: What would you change about the story of 'To Kill a Mockingbird?'
Student : *hyperventalates*
The following moments took place during a role play between some of my favourite students, three Terminale L boys. They were playing a volunteer, a conscripted soldier, and a peace activist during the Vietnam War.
7. Peace activist : Ahh yeeeesss, I remember it well, I was at Woodstock in '69, during the quagmire of war... yes, I did, I ate a space cake....
8. Volunteer : You're a coward.
Conscript : Yeah, like your mother.