Thursday 31 March 2011

Things About My Studio

Things I Like About My Studio

  • The Shower. It is the single best shower I have ever encountered. You can control the temperature and power with a little turn of the handle, and stand there getting lost in wonderfulness for hours.

  • Free Internet. I kid you not. I just plug a little wire into the back of my laptop and voila.

  • It is the perfect size; small enough to be cosy, and for everything to be nicely accessible, but not so small that I feel claustro.

  • The posters and collages I have put up on the walls. They are Lovely.

  • The Bed. It is comfy and toasty warm, and at a perfect angle with regard to the TV.

  • The long skinny window on one wall. It is Charming.

  • The Prayer Calendar that the assistant before last left stuck on the door. It has a little heart drawn on it, and when I wake up at a horrible hour in semi-darkness, a stream of light from aforementioned skinny window shines on this heart, making me smile.

  • It takes literally two minutes to hoover.


Things I Do Not Like About My Studio


  • The Scarily Regurgitating kitchen sink. Seriously, it scares the crap out of me.

  • The builders in the appartment above that have been here since November doing God-Knows-What, but always unnecessarily loudly, and at 8.30 every morning without fail.

  • The nights when I have a next door neighbour, and I hear him sneezing/coughing/shifting in his bed. It is super uncomfortable, and I feel the need to be quiet and ninja-like, because if I can hear his bedsprings, he is bound to be able to hear me singing embarrassing songs quite loudly, watching Glee at 2am and Skyping the fam.

  • It can be face-meltingly hot one minute, and absolutely bloody Baltic the next. I'm surprised I haven't caught a cold from the random temperature change :S

  • There is NO OVEN. Microwaved pizza is not good. However, my pasta repertoire has expanded greatly. I feel this is a success. Also, I have perfected mashed potato. Be proud, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment