Tuesday 1 February 2011

Time is Flying.

Well, the title of this post says it all, really. I can't believe it's only two weeks til I'm going home again for the half-term vacances; that means I'm three quarters of the way through the assistantship. How scary is that? I've been planning and freaking out about these seven months for the best part of three years - ever since I applied to do languages on the old UCAS form in sixth year - and it's more than halfway over!

Somehow I feel like I've done loads, and absolutely nothing, at the same time. My French is coming on leaps and bounds. My students are improving (slowly), and love coming to my classes. I've eaten weird and wonderful things, acquired a taste for red wine, traveled on the Paris metro, had a conversation about the colour of chickens with a three year old boy in French, learned to cook... the list goes on. All while (seemingly) sitting on my arse for entire weekends. It is bizarre.

And yet more planning is taking place, namely my trip to Andalucia over the summer. I have a roomie (for a change!) all arranged, we've decided to go in June, where it'll be nice and quiet, just the right amount of heat, and I'm feeling fairly opimistic that Spain should be at least as good as my time here has been. It'll be nice to have a pal - French twenty-somethings are non-existent out in the sticks, it seems - and we'll be able to travel a bit and help each other out with the language (as I'm convinced all the Spanish I used to know has fallen out of my head).

And I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone at home again. I've been feeling a bit out of the loop lately, just because I've been away from home more than there for the last 5 months, so I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone again - visiting the family, shopping with the girls, seeing the animals, maybe having a bit of craic with my friends, which, due to our busy lives, only happened once over Christmas!

I've been pretty terrible at writing this blog of late, so hopefully I'll have another update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment